Tapeworm parasitic infection following daily sashimi diet for years.
The initial complaint this Chinese man presented with were a stomach ache and itchy skin. After further testing, the doctors came to the discovery that his body had been completely invaded with tapeworm parasites.
The encysted larvae were embedded deep within the man’s tissues, save for his brain, which would have resulted in the more serious complication of neurocysticercosis.
This man turned out to be an avid sushi eater and ate raw sashimi on an almost daily basis for years.